Narrow Lot Cottage House Plan
3 - 5
About This Plan
- The great room in this narrow lot cottage house plan redefines the terms; open floor plan, versatile and spaciousness with its 23'-foot clear span width and partial vaulted ceiling.
- The side screened porch area adjacent to the kitchen, the partially rear cover deck and rear open sundeck ensures ongoing individual or group activities regardless of the weather or local resident insect life intrusions.
- Note the great room staircase "square spiral" staircase - it has all the great attributes of a spiral staircase but having none of the tight restrictiveness and limited furniture access usually associated with one.
- The two second floor bedrooms with ten and twelve foot ceilings and private covered balcony bring a soothing airiness to this vaulted level.
- The daylight basement plan contains an optional two bedrooms, shared bathroom and multipurpose recreation room with patio access. The separate private entrance easily transforms this level into a home office or business space.
- Related Plan: For an alternate version with an unfinished lower level, see house plan 9819SW.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,662 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 976 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 686 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 73 sq. ft.
- Deck: 475 sq. ft.
- Balcony / Veranda: 96 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3, 4, & 5
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 36' 0"
- Depth: 50' 6"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 10' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick
- 2nd Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available
- Media-Game-Home Theater