New American Cottage Just Under 2000 Square Feet with 2-Story Great Room
About This Plan
- A gabled entry porch with decorative trusses and stone bases supporting paired columns welcomes you to this 3 bed, 2.5 bath 1,986 square foot New American cottage house plan. The exterior has an eye-pleasing combination of shingles and board and batten siding with a decorative gabled dormer and a functioning shed dormer adding to the curb appeal.
- A 2-story great room with fireplace is open to the dining room which is set off from the kitchen and great room by square columns giving you the best of an open floor plan while providing subtle separation between spaces.
- Enjoy casual meals in the breakfast room which has a door that takes you to the back porch or at the peninsula that seats four comfortably.
- The vaulted master suite is the only bedroom on the main floor. Upstairs, two bedrooms share a bath.
- Get 450 square feet of expansion space by finishing the bonus room over the garage. The shed dormer gives you headroom and natural light.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,986 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,456 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 530 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 146 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 450 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Daylight, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 10"
- Depth: 60' 6"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 618 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12