Private Guest Suite in Cottage Design
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- With its bedroom, sitting room and bathroom, the private suite over the garage of this charming country cottage offers hospitality to overnight guests. This house plan could serve as a great vacation retreat.
- On the first floor, the open living area includes a kitchen with a combined island-table for informal meals. The dining area and the living area, focused on the fireplace, rise for two stories. The other rooms of the house have 8' ceilings and the garage has an 8'6" ceiling.
- The master suite includes a walk-in closet and a private bath.
- Upstairs, the hallway overlooks the dining and living areas below. An open sitting area provides a peaceful retreat. A bedroom and full bath complete the floor.
- For those wondering about knee walls on the upper floor, this will help: above the garage, 5'2.5" head of bed and 6'10.5" across the room; the bedroom near the top of the stairs has 5'1.5" by the bed and 5'8" by the closet; and the upstairs living room has 5'2" knee walls.
- Related Plans: Building in reverse with house plan 21128DR. Get more room with house plan 2106DR (2,526 sq. ft.). For an alternate garage design see house plan 21959DR.
- Remove the garage with house plans 21126DR (2,393 sq. ft.); 2105DR and 21565DR, both 1,480 sq. ft.