Sophisticated French-Inspired Home Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- French-inspired details resonate from the exterior to the interior of this four-bedroom home, lending sophistication to the design. The exterior combines stone and wood cladding with arched shutters and barrel-vaulted dormers for an authentic French-inspired ambience.
- The interior has a rustic feel and could be finished to showcase dramatic custom woodwork and elegant views. Imagine the scene that extends off the foyer: a beautiful display of box-beam ceilings reaching from the great room through the dining room to a rustic, French Country-inspired kitchen.
- Windows and French doors in the great room and the dining room connect this inspiring interior to the lush respite of a side courtyard, introduced by a porch with dramatic columns. Complementing these spaces is a library, located midway up the staircase to the second level. Outfitted with arched windows on the exterior walls, the library overlooks the courtyard and provides opportunities to carry on custom woodworking in its bookshelves and fireplace mantel. A wine room on the lower level is a fitting accompaniment too.
- The elegance continues on the upper level where French doors in the hallway and master bedroom open to a balcony that also views the courtyard. A vaulted ceiling, fireplace, and built-ins lend warmth to the master bedroom. The master bath treats the owners to luxury with a kitchenette, a walk-in two-person shower, and a spacious spa tub enclosed in windows on three sides. Three additional bedrooms and a recreation room round out the floor plan.
- Related Plan: For an alternate elevation, see house plan 69093AM.