A covered porch - 8' deep and 6' deep by the front bay windows - wraps entirely around this hill country home plan, providing effortless outdoor extension of indoor activities. Two oversized dormers and a substantial stone chimney add character.
The entry leads into the two-story living room with its fireplace and bay window. The open plan at the living and dining rooms and the kitchen add further appeal.
A peninsula eating bar separates the living room from the U-shaped kitchen. The adjacent dining room includes a second entrance to the porch.
In the first-floor master suite, the bay window in the bedroom is the twin of the one in the living room. The compartmented master bath includes twin sinks, separate shower, tub and a walk-in closet.
Upstairs, a loft overlooks the living room on one side and the dining room on the other. A second full bath and two bedrooms, one with a walk-in closet, complete this floor.
In the slab and crawlspace versions the laundry is stacked in the closet across from the powder room. In the basement version, you gain a closet when the laundry is in the basement.
Added Bonus: This house plan comes with plans for a detached two-car garage.
Related Plan: For a version with three dormers see house plan 3027D.
MORE PHOTOS: See photos of this built in Alabama in our Facebook and Google+ photo albums.
NOTE: Due to state regulations,
the CAD version may not be sold to residents of Louisiana, New Mexico and
Texas. Please contact us for more information.
All of our plans are designed by licensed architects and residential building designers. Each plan is designed to meet nationally recognized building codesforthe year they were created
No two plans are the same. We strongly encourage you to contactus for the contents ofany plan you may be interested inpurchasing.
Below is a listing of sheets typically included in our plans
1. Foundation Plan ‐ shows the foundation details.
2. Floor Plan ‐ shows the placement of interior walls and the dimensions for rooms, doors, windows, stairways, etc. of each level of the house.
3. Exterior Elevations ‐ show the front, rear and sides of the house, including exterior materials, details and roof pitches.
4. Building Cross Section ‐ shows details of the house as though it were cut in slices from the roof to the foundation. The cross sections detail the construction of the home, insulation, flooring and roofing.
5. Interior Elevations (when available) ‐ show the details of cabinets such as those found in the kitchen, bathroom and utility room, fireplaces and other special interior features.
6. Roof Plan ‐ provides a bird’s eye view of the roof's valleys, ridges and dormers, if applicable
7. Electrical Plan (when available) ‐ shows the suggested locations for fixtures and outlets. Please contact us to see if an electrical plan is included in the plan set.
8. Notes & Details ‐ provides information for structural specifications, excavating and grading, masonry and concrete work, carpentry and wood specifications, thermal and moisture protection and specifications about drywall, tile, flooring, glazing, caulking and sealants.
All of our plans are designed to provide the information needed to build your home. Because of the wide range of requirements throughout states and municipalities, it is possible that the plans may not have all of the information required by your building department. If this is the case, we recommend hiring a local design professional or engineer who can assist bringing the plans up to your local building code.
Some states require that a licensed architect or engineer review and stamp the plans. If this is the case where you will be building, a local professional will be able to assist you.
Important Extras: Sold separately
1. Readable reverse Plans ‐ The layout is reversed and all the writing is corrected so you can read the writing. With this option, all of your sets will appear the way you want to build the home. This option is available for an additional charge.
2. Mirror Reverse Plans ‐ The lettering and dimensions will read backwards, so you will need to order at least one set non-reversed as a reference copy.
3. Itemized List of Materials (when available) ‐ includes the quantity, type and size of materials needed to build your home.