High Performance House Plan
4 - 5
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- When built to specs, this right-sized energy-smart 4 bedroom house plan saves you 40% to 50% on your energy bills.
- In this net-zero-ready design, the AC/Heating equipment is designed within the A/C conditioned spaces through the use of chases strategically designed below the attic space. The result is 10' volume ceilings and huge energy savings.
- An addditional energy-saving feature is the use of raised heel trusses offering more effective attic insulation and deeper overhangs and porches to shade windows.
- Additionally, California Corners and 2x6 framing enables the use of greater exterior wall insulation and roof real estate is optimized - particularly in the rear of the home - in case a power-producing PV array and/or solar hot water system is added.
- Naturally lit spaces - like the gourmet kitchen with light-gathering transom windows - make this home plan feel much larger than the living area shows.
- High above the great room is a coffered beam ceiling. A dramatic open staircase leads up to the loft and comfortable guest bedrooms.
- The den, also topped with the coffered beam ceiling, has access through the covered front porch and it's own full bath should a fifth bedroom be needed.
- Related Plans: Gain a bonus room off Guest Bed 2 with house plan 33097ZR.
- For alternate elevations, see house plans 33033ZR and 33035ZR.