T-Shaped Staircase in Cottage Duplex
About This Plan
- This quaint-looking cottage holds a secret - it is actually two separate, mirror-image units in one structure. Each side has identical floor space, opening from a covered angled entry.
- The raised foyer holds a half-bath and coat closet, plus stairs to the upper level.
- Under-stair storage is accessed via the half-bath.
- A large great room and open kitchen reside to the back of the plan. A nine-foot ceiling, corner fireplace and sliding glass doors to a rear deck make the great room special.
- A large pantry adds to kitchen storage.
- The staircase is T-shaped and splits at the landing to Bedroom 3 on one side and the master suite and Bedroom 2 on the other.
- The master suite and the right-hand unit's Bedroom 3 features box-bay windows.
- Note the laundry alcove on the second floor and dual sinks in the master bath.
- A one-car garage at street level is reached by a door in the entry hall.\
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,054 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,274 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,780 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 6
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 36' 0"
- Depth: 61' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 576 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss