Updated Farmhouse Plan
About This Plan
- Eminating the same classic appeal as the American Farmhouse, the exterior displays charming dormers, simple under-eave brackets, and an engaging wraparound front porch. The package is one that will have lasting appeal.
- The front porch wraps around a den, which is filled with light from windows on two walls. On the opposite side of the foyer, the formal dining room includes a built-in hutch and a double window. The farmhouse's inherent sense of welcome extends into the open kitchen, great room, and breakfast nook. A large, welcoming island with a snack bar surveys the nearby areas, allowing conversations to flow between the cook and family and friends. A set of French doors in the great room leads to the backyard.
- The master suite is the only bedroom located on the main level, which ensures a measure of privacy. Features there include a spa tub, a roomy walk-in closet, and a beautiful picture window with rear view.
- A staircase leads to the upper level landing, which extends into a cozy library with a dormer window and built-in bookshelves. The space is ideal for studying, reading, or playing quietly. Two other bedrooms share a bath divided into compartments. A large bonus room over the garage - suitable for a variety of uses - completes the upper level.
- The two-car garage is deep enough to provide space for a shop area. A side door readily and conveniently opens to the side yard.
- Related Plans: For alternate elevations, see 6916AM (two-car garage) and 69040AM (three-car garage and finished lower level); 69038AM and 69039AM.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,513 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,838 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 675 sq. ft.
- Workshop: 140 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 56' 0"
- Depth: 62' 0"
- Max ridge height: 34' 5"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 575 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss