5-Bed House Plan with Cozy Porch and In-Law Suite
About This Plan
- A cozy front porch provides an appealing entrance into this spacious and carefully designed two-story home plan with 5 bedrooms and 3 baths. This plan includes a significant in-law suite on the main level to meet the needs for the growing number of baby boomers.
- You first walk into this open foyer which provides direct access to an elegant dining area and a spacious office for telecommuting. Beyond, you will find a grand two story family room which is open to the kitchen and breakfast area. We have also provided an enormous 3 car garage for today's mobile families. Also, you will find an enormous in-law suite and full bath nestled in the corner.
- Upstairs you will find 3 bedrooms, which includes an exquisite master bedroom. The master features a tray ceiling and a walk-in closet with an expansion area available to virtually triple its size. The master bedroom includes a great upper deck for relaxation and unwinding after a long work day.
- Lower level ceiling heights are 9', except for the family room which is 18'. The upper level ceilings are 8' high except for the vaulted master areas.
- This house plan is on a great basement for extra space for adding bedrooms, entertainment room and exercise room.
- Related Plan: Get a front-entry garage with house plan 20035GA.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,234 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,274 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 960 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 134 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 172 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 53' 8"
- Depth: 56' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 671 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick