Barndominium with Wraparound Porch and 2-Story Living Room
About This Plan
- Barndominiums are taking over the countryside and it's easy to see why; this wraparound porch provides an extension to the traditional indoor living space.
- The heart of this barndominium-style house plan is open with a two-story ceiling above the living and dining rooms. The spacious kitchen makes entertaining easy, while a quiet den nearby provides a more secluded space to unwind.
- The master bedroom is located on the main level and features a 5-fixture bathroom with a walk-in closet that connects to the laundry room.
- Upstairs, bedrooms 2 and 3 are mirror images of each other, and a loft offers a communal space for the kids to enjoy.
- The 2,245 square foot garage lends plenty of space for a shop or storage behind the two 12' by 10' overhead doors. The right bay gives has a 10' by 12' overhead door giving you room for even larger vehicles. And 8' by 8' door is on the back side.
- The exterior finish is spec'd for corrugated metal siding.
- Related Plans: Replace Bed 3 with a home office with house plan 135190GRA. Get a walkout basement (left side) with house plan 135158GRA. Get an alternate version with barndominium plans 135078GRA, a side-entry garage with plan 135169GRA, 135170GRA and remove the shop with barndominium plan 135061GRA. Get a larger version with plan 135184GRA. Get a multi-generational version with house plan 135199GRA. Get 4 bays with house plan 135224GRA.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,765 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,823 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 942 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 831 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Crawl, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 112' 0"
- Depth: 61' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 2245 sq. ft.
- Count: 4 Cars
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss