Charming Country Cottage with Screened Porch
About This Plan
- Country charm best describes this 4-bedroom, cottage plan with front and back porches, spacious service areas, and a main-level master bedroom.
- The heart of the home consists of the kitchen, dining area, and living room in an open layout. French doors on either side lead to the front porch and back, screened porch, which includes with a fireplace.
- A kitchen island anchors the living space and a butler's pantry lends additional workspace and storage. A pocket door provides privacy to a quiet study off the living room.
- The vaulted ceiling in the master bedroom gives a feeling of spaciousness, and the attached bathroom features a freestanding tub separating two vanities and a large walk-in closet. A second bedroom on the main level includes a full bath.
- Upstairs, a loft boasts built-in dressers and space for bunkbeds, and leads to two identical bedrooms that share a Jack-and-Jill bath.
- A breezeway attaches the double garage to the home, and opens to a mudroom and powder bath.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,937 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,089 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 848 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 564 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 256 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Pier
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 110' 0"
- Depth: 49' 6"
- Max ridge height: 28' 5"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 576 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 3 On 12; 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 2 On 12; 9 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick