Classic Hip Roofed Cottage with Options
3 - 5
Buy This Plan
About This Plan
- Spectacular outdoor views and an open floor plan are only a few special features in this charming cottage house plan with a hip roof. Inspired by our best-selling Craftsman Mountain Home Plan, it delivers a lot of what makes that plan special while bringing it to a broader budget base.
- Upon entering this rustic home plan, you are greeted by a vaulted ceiling in the foyer and lodge room. Timber trusses give this home a rustic feel while maintaining a functional floor plan.
- The open kitchen/breakfast area is the perfect place for entertaining family and friends. Exit to the outdoor space from the breakfast area or lodge room and take in the magnificent views.
- This home plan features a master suite which includes a luxurious bath and walk-in closet. Two additional bedrooms with shared bath round out the first floor of this cozy ranch home plan.
- The bonus room over the garage gives you 392 square feet of future expansion space and is not a part of the total living area calculations.
- The roof pitch over the left side and main part of the home is 10:12. It is 12:12 over the garage.
- Related Plans: Get a gable roof with house plan 15883GE.
- Get more room with house plans 15887GE (1,873 sq. ft.) and 15888GE (2,090 sq. ft.). Both are designed in reverse.
- See what started it all, and photos and links to even more versions, with house plan 15617GE (2,611 sq. ft.).
- See a list of all the plans in this series in our Facebook Craftsman Mountain Series summary.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,729 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,729 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 392 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3, 4, & 5
- Full bathrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 74' 6"
- Depth: 65' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 5"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 525 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 10' 0"
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- Bonus Room
- Butler Walk-in Pantry
- CAD Available
- Jack & Jill Bath
- MBR Sitting Area
- Split Bedrooms
- Photo Gallery