Classic Hip Roofed Cottage with Options
3 - 5
About This Plan
- Spectacular outdoor views and an open floor plan are only a few special features in this charming cottage house plan with a hip roof.
- Upon entering this rustic home plan, you are greeted by a vaulted ceiling in the foyer and lodge room. Timber trusses give this home a rustic feel while maintaining a functional floor plan.
- The open kitchen/breakfast area is the perfect place for entertaining family and friends. Exit to the outdoor space from the breakfast area or lodge room and take in the magnificent views.
- This home plan features a master suite which includes a luxurious bath and walk-in closet. Two additional bedrooms with shared bath round out the first floor of this cozy ranch home plan.
- The bonus room over the garage gives you 392 square feet of future expansion space and is not a part of the total living area calculations.
- The roof pitch over the left side and main part of the home is 10:12. It is 12:12 over the garage.
- Related Plans: Get a gable roof with house plan 15883GE. Get more room with house plans 15887GE (1,873 sq. ft.) and 15888GE (2,090 sq. ft.). Both are designed in reverse. Downsize with house plan 25665GE (1,515 sq. ft.). See what started it all, and photos and links to even more versions, with house plan 15617GE (2,611 sq. ft.).
Optionally Finished Lower Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,729 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,729 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 392 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3, 4, & 5
- Full bathrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 74' 6"
- Depth: 65' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 5"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 525 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 10' 0"