Cottage Favorite with 2-Story Family Room and a Garage Addition
About This Plan
- We've added a garage and rearranged the kitchen to enhance the flow to a perennial favorite - plan 21091DR - and created this attractive three (or four) bedroom cottage house plan.
- Like the original, the family room and kitchen are open to each other creating a warm and attractive space.
- The family room with fireplace rises for two stories and can be seen from an overlook above.
- The sheltered main entry has a coat closet to reduce clutter and a powder room off from the main space.
- The master-on-main has been a popular feature and in this version we've given you two closets plus a great five fixture bath.
- A deck off the back expands your entertaining space and is accessible from the family room, dining room and kitchen.
- Upstairs, you'll enjoy having an overlook to below plus two bedrooms and shower room. A bonus room over the garage could be developed as a fourth bedroom, play room or media area.
- Related Plans: Get more room with house plans 21179DR (1,909 sq. ft.) and house plan 21941DR (1,816 sq. ft.). See the original garage-less versions: house plan 21091DR and 21567DR. Also without the garage, gain a walkout basement and more room on the second floor with house plans 21961DR and 21979DR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,886 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,255 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 631 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 203 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl, Daylight, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 38' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 7"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 412 sq. ft.
- Count: 1 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss