About This Plan
- Set off by a sturdy stone chimney, stone accents and decorative gables, this striking cottage design could be used as a four-season vacation home.
- Open to each other, the family room and kitchen-dining room offer a wonderful living area. The fireplaced family room rises for two stories, the kitchen-dining room is enlarged by a box bay, and both rooms open to a deck.
- The sheltered main entry opens to a hall with a large coat closet, while the main-level bedroom includes a large walk-in closet.
- Upstairs, a mezzanine overlooks the family room below. Two bedrooms share the second bath.
- In the crawlspace version, the water heater is placed underneath the stairs and the washer and dryer - that are normally in the basement - would go in the enclosed space behind the fridge.
- The deck and bathroom/walk-in closet bumpout are both considered in the 36' width and depth of the home.
- Related Plans: Get a smaller version with house plans 22592DR and 21567DR (both 1,625 sq. ft.). Get a walkout basement and more room on the second floor with house plan 21961DR and 21979DR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,625 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,108 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 517 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Daylight, Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 36' 0"
- Depth: 36' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 10"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss