Low Country Cottage House Plan
About This Plan
- Raised high off the ground, this Low Country cottage house plan makes a wonderful primary residence or a vacation retreat.
- A huge great room is separated from the dining room only by a pass-though fireplace. Both are surrounded by an 8' wide covered porch. A lower deck drops down a few steps and is uncovered to catch the sun.
- The master suite resides on the main floor and has access to the rear grilling porch.
- Upstairs, a computer center and loft overlook the great room below. Two bedrooms, one with a vaulted ceiling, share a bathroom with two sinks.
- Ceilings: 9' first floor; 8' second floor; 21'11' vaulted great room and dining room; 12'11' vaulted bedroom 3.
- To save useable space, utilities go in the attic in the slab and crawlspace versions and can go in the basement if you choose that foundation option.
- Note: Choosing the basement option will remove the half bath.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,207 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,463 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 744 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 107 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 784 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 36' 6"
- Depth: 76' 8"
- Max ridge height: 23' 4"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 14 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick