Modern Prairie-Style Home Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- From its horizontal board-and-batten siding and open floor plan, to its broad overhanging eaves and low-pitched roof line, this home pays tribute to Prairie-style architecture. True to Frank Lloyd Wright's style, the home plan includes a variety of spaces for owners to customize.
- A bookcase in Bedroom 2, a wall of built-ins in the den, a media center in the great room, a phone center in the breakfast nook, and a media cabinet and a wet bar in the lower-level games room.
- Further emulating the style, the kitchen, the breakfast nook, and the great room form a single large room in the center of the home keeping family members connected while they work and relax. Two main-level bedrooms are privately located in a wing behind the garage and separated by a hallway.
- The option for a finished basement nearly doubles the square footage of the home and provides two additional bedrooms with walk-in closets, an additional bath, as well as a spacious games room and wet bar area.
- The roof pitch is 4:12 with an overhang of 3'
- Related Plan: For a Craftsman exterior, see house plan 6941AM.