About This Plan
- This petite Carpenter Gothic charmer would make an ideal vacation house or a starter house for the young family.
- This exterior boasts a heavy wood shingled roof, board and batten siding and decorative scroll sawn rake detailing.
- The delicately bracketed but very practical porch provides seating for relaxing on warm summer nights.
- The interior is simplicity itself: a double door entry opens to an all encompassing living, dining, and kitchen area. The kitchen is hidden from the living room by a self standing stairway.
- The upstairs is divided into two bedrooms, each with plenty of closet space. A wainscot paneled bathroom completes the plan.
- Related Plan: For an alternate version, see cottage house plan 43042PF.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 896 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 448 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 448 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 16' 0"
- Depth: 28' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 2"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick