Popular Mountain Home Plan
2 - 4
About This Plan
- Corner windows, gabled glass, brackets and cedar shingle siding are just a few of the details that give this house plan its mountain charm and grace. With its quaint cottage detailing and bright open spaces is a charming mountain home perfect for a weekend getaway or an empty nesters retreat.
- The angled entry provides just enough space to get out of the rain. Once inside you will enjoy the vaulted ceiling that extends through the living room to the porch.
- The living room is separated from the foyer area by an angled staircase descending to the lower level.
- The kitchen and eating areas are open to the living room, with the kitchen island facing the view side of the home.
- A laundry room is conveniently located just off the kitchen where a breezeway connects the house to an open carport.
- The master bedroom is cozy and comfortable and includes a large bath and walk-in closet along with French door access to the deck and porch. The main floor also offers a second bedroom with bath and walk-in closet.
- The lower level can be finished with two additional bedrooms and baths, a den/rec room and home theater if desired.
- The plan comes with a breezeway attached to a 2-car carport.
- Related Plans: Move the living room fireplace to the back wall and build in reverse with with house plan 26610GG (1,613 sq. ft.). Attach the garage with house plans 26693GG (straight) and 26694GG (angled). Get a little more room with house plan 26695GG (1,754 sq. ft.)
Optional Finished Lower Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,662 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,662 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 216 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 253 sq. ft.
- Carport: 420 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Full bathrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 45' 0"
- Depth: 43' 3"
- Max ridge height: 19' 5"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 400 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss