3-Bedroom Modern Farmhouse Plan with Metal or Wood Framing Options
About This Plan
- In a day and age when lumber prices are on the rise, alternative farming methods can be helpful to meet budgets and timelines which is why this plan is available in a metal frame design or 2 x 6 conventional wood framing as an upgrade. A metal building provides a simple to build, cost effective alternative. The challenge is accomplishing a pleasing façade that will satisfy the needs of the homeowner for identity and aesthetics.
- This home is designed to accommodate a “bolt-up” metal building technology. This is in contrast to a “weld-up” metal building. The advantage of a “bolt-up” metal building is the ability to manufacture the entire frame in the shop and deliver to the site ready to be stood-up and bolted together in a much shorter frame of time. Welding connections can take weeks or months. Bolt-ups can be assembled in days. Exterior roofing and siding also install much faster on metal buildings than do conventional residential construction techniques.
- Some liberties were taken to employ the uses of residential windows and doors to provide code required egress and allow for some sense of styling and a cozy feeling. These instances will need blocking, flashing and possibly welded connections to accommodate, but they are few. The interior walls are framed as 2x4 studs but could easily be replaced with metal studs. The front and rear porches are also framed as rough sawn cedar for aesthetics.
- It is recommended that customers consult with their local metal building manufacturer to review plans and assess the feasibility of building this home with their systems.
2x6 Wood Framed Version (+$395)
2x6 Wood Framed Version - Basement Stair Location
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,486 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,486 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 473 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 313 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): Metal
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 82' 11"
- Depth: 60' 10"
- Max ridge height: 22' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 586 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 2 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick