Classic Farmhouse with Two-story Great Room
About This Plan
- The curb appeal of this 1.5 story Modern Farmhouse plan is highlighted by a covered front porch, board and batten siding and a metal roof giving this plan.
- Inside, immediate impressions are made by a soaring 2-story-high, wood-beamed cathedral ceiling in the great room. A trio of tall windows complements both the front and rear walls of the great room, offering views through the front porch and rear porch. The kitchen, with expansive work island, lies beneath its own beamed ceiling and is open to the dining area.
- Away from the living areas, the main floor’s master suite features his and her walk-in closets, and his and her vanities in the bath. The suite can be entered either through an alcove off the great room or through a more circuitous route from the laundry area. Upstairs, bedroom 2, 3 and 4 share a centrally located bath. Bedroom 4 receives an added sense of space from a tall cathedral ceiling.
- Back on the main level, the generously proportioned 2-car garage includes ample space for a workshop. It accesses the home through a mudroom, complete with a bench and lockers.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,857 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,009 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 848 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 89' 0"
- Depth: 46' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 700 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12