Down Home Architectural Styling
About This Plan
- The inviting "Down Home" exterior of this house plan is certain to please. A sign of its popularity is the availability in multiple exterior versions.
- The well-appointed foyer includes decorative columns. From the foyer, you are led into the large vaulted great room with fireplace, oversized windows, and a French door with transoms above.
- This open plan with split-bedroom layout offers a master suite with vaulted ceiling, sitting area, two walk-in closets, large jet tub and shower, dual lavatories, and plenty of counter space.
- The kitchen features a raised bar, an island, a flex space for a walk-in pantry or home office, and is located in close proximity to the laundry. A large dining nearby has a raised ceiling and multiple windows for light and views.
- There is a great bonus room, over the garage, with a much-requested half bath option.
- Covered front and rear porches provide ample space for conversation and grilling out. The garage is oversized for large SUV-type vehicles.
- Related Plans: For an alternate layout (shown with a front-entry garage), see house plan 5130MM (siding), 5129MM (brick) and 5131MM (stucco).
- Need more room? See house plan 5138MM (2,505 sq. ft.). For something smaller see house plan 5120MM (1,852 sq. ft.) and 5115MM (1,799 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,008 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,008 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 354 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 249 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 128 sq. ft.
- Storage: 77 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1 or 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 78' 0"
- Depth: 49' 6"
- Max ridge height: 24' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 570 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front, Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick