Hip-Roofed House Plan With Bonus Over The Garage
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Timber framing over the vaulted front porch adds a rustic look to this hip-roofed house plan.
- Inside, the home is spacious and offers an open layout and a beamed ceiling in the huge family room. The corner fireplace can be seen all the way from the well-designed kitchen with its large island that has seating for five people.
- No formal dining room in this house, just a large dining area with views to the back.
- And you get a front-facing study where you can close off the world.
- Two family bedrooms each have big walk-in closets and a shared hall bathroom.
- The private master suite is all the way across the house, with two walk-in closets - one that opens directly into the laundry room.
- A huge vaulted rear porch has access to the deck (as does the master suite).
- Upstairs, future bonus space can be finished when you are ready.
- Related Plans: Build in reverse with house plans 68487VR and 68429VR (2,700 sq. ft.). Eliminate the bonus room with house plans 68638VR (2,709 sq. ft.) and 68518VR (2,820 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,782 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,707 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 75 sq. ft.
- Deck: 250 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 448 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 670 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 93' 4"
- Depth: 70' 4"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1054 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 14 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick