Mountain Escape with Bonus Living Suite
2 - 3
About This Plan
- Based on our popular Red Cottage plan - see house plan 18222BE - this more rustic version has stout stone columns supporting a beautiful trussed covered entry.
- The vaulted spaces - foyer, living & dining rooms, and kitchen - add comfortable volume to nicely proportioned room sizes.
- Abundant windows maximize views and natural light with an emphasis placed on views to the back.
- Wide hallways and doorways make for easy traffic flow, even for those that need Barrier Free Access.
- The front room off the foyer is perfect for a den or extra bedroom.
- The kitchen is designed for both efficiency and aesthetics. The large island aids in food preparation, additional storage and allows for a nice seating area. There are both pantry cabinets and a spacious closet pantry.
- The owners' suite has patio access and the handsome master bath has an extra spacious shower.
- The bonus level upstairs delivers a vaulted living area plus two bedrooms, one with a sitting area behind pocket doors, adding a potential 1,032 sq. ft. to this awesome house plan.
- Related Plans: Get a side-entry garage with house plan 18268BE (2,221 sq. ft.). Get an alternate layout and second floor in-law suite with house plan 18263BE (2,318 sq. ft.).
Main Level (Slab/Crawl version)
Main Level (Basement)
3D Main Level (Slab/Crawl)
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,221 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,221 sq. ft.
- Deck: 374 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 1,032 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 2,221 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2, 3, 4, or 5
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 88' 2"
- Depth: 86' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 749 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss