Prairie Style Solution to Sloping Lot
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Challenged with a lot that slopes to the back? Looking for a home plan with a great finished basement? Consider this two-story home: The finished lower-level features a fourth bedroom and guest bath, along with a game room and exercise alcove. The game room and exercise alcove are flexible and could easily be used as a family room and play area. A large storage area, which opens to the backyard, is the ideal place to store tools, potting supplies, and outdoor furniture in the off season.
- A Prairie-school inspired exterior blankets the facade, marrying bands of horizontal siding and ledgestone accents. The garage - with its tandem third-car space - accommodates a narrow lot.
- From the foyer, one views the great room with its fireplace, media center and corner-window view to the rear. At the other end of the great room, double doors lead into an office with a built-in desk and sun-drenched corner windows. Beyond the great room, the kitchen and dining room unite at the rear of the home. An island defines the work space of the kitchen while windows flood the room with light.
- Walk-in closets provide plenty of clothing and accessory storage in the upper level's three bedrooms. With a laundry room just down the hall, tossing in a load of clothes is convenient. A bath with dual lavs and tub and toilet compartment service the kid's bedrooms. The master suite has a door that leads to a private deck. A tiled, walk-in shower and large spa tub highlight the bath.
- The low-slung roof has a 4:12 pitch.
- Related Plans: For an alternate version, see house plan 69096AM.
- Building in reverse? See house plan 69095AM.