Southern Transitional House Plan Under 2900 Square Feet with Matching 2-Story Gables
About This Plan
- Matching 2-story gables flank the entry of the this 2,898 square foot Southern Transitional house plan with 4 beds and 3.5 baths. A painted brick exterior with wood accents in the three shed dormers give the home great curb presence.
- French doors beckon you inside where you're greeted by the foyer with 10' ceilings and the 2-story great room beyond.
- A private study makes a great home office to the left of the foyer and the dining room to the right is great for enjoying meals with friends.
- The kitchen sink looks out across the back. A large island with copious work space and seating and a pantry with access from the kitchen and the mud room help make this a highly functional kitchen.
- The master suite is the only bedroom on the main floor and occupies the entire left side of the home. Upstairs, three more bedrooms, a play area, a reading nook set between Bed 2 and 3 are there for the kids to enjoy. Expand over the garage (412 square feet of usable space) and store things away in the 416 square foot attic.
- GIVING BACK: Please note the plan designer gives 10% of their profits on all sales to charities focused on helping children and families in foster care.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,898 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,860 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,038 sq. ft.
- Deck: 223 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 27 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 412 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,898 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Monolithic Slab, Daylight, Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 85' 0"
- Depth: 47' 6"
- Max ridge height: 33' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 726 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 14 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick Or Truss