Updated Arts & Crafts Home Plan
3 - 4
About This Plan
- The Arts and Crafts Movement signified a popular design style earlier in the 20th century, and lends its distinctive details to modern versions today. This example boasts stone-accented porch columns, wood siding and multi-pane windows complementing an entry with sidelights and transom.
- The interior is purely delightful and offers up formal living spaces at the very front of the plan in living and dining rooms defined by columns.
- The family room is at the back and has a vaulted ceiling, fireplace and built-in entertainment center. A breakfast nook makes the perfect spot for casual meals served from the island kitchen.
- A den, with closet, sits on the left side of the plan, opening through double doors.
- Bedrooms are upstairs, along with a laundry room. The master salon is vaulted and has a bath with separate tub and shower and dual sinks.
- Bonus space on the second floor can be developed later.
- Related Plans: Build in reverse with house plan 6901AM (1,945 sq. ft.) and 6903AM (three-car tandem garage, 1,946 sq. ft.). Get a modern farmhouse exterior with house plan 69767AM (2,055 sq. ft.) and an alternate exterior with house plan 69475AM (2,211 sq. ft.). Get more room with house plan 69504AM (2,577 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,204 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,266 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 938 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 44' 0"
- Depth: 50' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 523 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss