Victorian with Appealing Veranda
About This Plan
- An attractive covered veranda curves around this house plan with hints of Victorian design.
- Inside, the layout is contemporary. A two-sided fireplace can be enjoyed from both the front-facing living room and the rear-facing dining room. The kitchen is partly built into a bayed area and includes a handy cooktop island that separates it visually from the breakfast room.
- A private den with a large bay window completes the first floor.
- Upstairs, the master suite comprises a good-sized bedroom, a large walk-in closet and a private bathroom with a separate tub and shower. The second bathroom on this floor can be accessed directly from either of the two family bedrooms.
- Ceilings: first floor 9'; second floor 8' with a sloping ceiling in the master bedroom.
- Related Plans: Need more space? See house plan 2181DR for a larger 3-bedroom version with a 2-car garage.
- Building in reverse? See house plan 21561DR (3 bedrooms) and 21562DR (4 bedrooms).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,936 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,044 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 892 sq. ft.
- Deck: 185 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 226 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 289 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,044 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Daylight, Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 58' 0"
- Depth: 43' 6"
- Max ridge height: 290' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 520 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss