Cottage with Loads of Options
2 - 3
About This Plan
- The daylight basement on this vacation home plan, which is designed for a sloping lot, offers the opportunity for expansion. A covered porch off the living area allows easy indoor-outdoor entertaining.
- Angled around the family-room with its cathedral ceiling and a fireplace, a stairway leads down to the basement or up to the second floor, where you can view part of the living area below.
- Downstairs, a four-fixture bath can be accessed from either the hall or through the walk-in closet of the bedroom on this floor. The kitchen is big enough to house a cooktop island with a circular eating bar.
- The second floor contains a full bath, a bedroom and a loft area that could be used as a study, a sitting area or a guest area.
- The ceiling is sloped on the second floor with knee walls 6' in the bathroom, 4'4" in the den, 4'2" on the bedroom wall without closet
and 4'10" on the wall with the closet.
- Related Plans: Build in reverse with house plan 21565DR.
- Get more room with house plans 21126DR (2,393 sq. ft.), 21865DR (2,048 sq. ft.).
- Get an attached garage with house plans 21128DR (2,219 sq. ft.), 21184DR (2,219 sq. ft.) and 2106DR (2,526 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,480 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,024 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 456 sq. ft.
- Entry: 32 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 195 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 or 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 32' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 8"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss