Contemporary Ranch With Hexagonal Core
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- No matter where you are in this contemporary ranch-style home, natural light washes in through glassed banks of multi-paned windows. Choosing a wide lot with a vista to the rear would maximize viewing opportunities.
- Nowhere is the interior illumination more impressive than in the vaulted hexagonal great room, where two banks of glass fill most of the three rear walls.
- In the center section, twin sets of French doors open onto a wide deck that wraps across the entire back. In the walls to the left and right, the lower window sections are about the same height as the doors, but underscored by stone veneer wainscoting. Wide transom windows crown all of the rear windows and doors.
- Entering via the arched entry, you cross a transverse hallway and have a moment to appreciate family treasures in an art niche before stepping into the great room. The hallway to the left leads to the utility room and owners' suite. Heading right takes you past an opening to the kitchen, and on to secondary bedrooms, basement stairs, and a 2-car garage.
- A pony wall provides both openness and separation between the kitchen and the rest of the great room. Cooks working at the range can keep an eye on the entire space, as can people in the great room. The sink and dishwasher are lined up along a peninsular counter rimmed by an eating bar.
- Amenities in the owners' suite include a walk-in shower, soaking tub, dual vanity and direct access to the deck. Bedrooms two and three share an interestingly angled bathroom.