About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This Dacha-style cottage exudes Old World charm through its attention to detail and use of authentic materials and finishes. The soaring gable roofs are trimmed with decorative vergeboards and elaborate finials. Vertical board-and-batten siding on the upper portion of the house exudes a delicate feeling that contrasts pointedly with the rustic stone and brick finishes cladding the first floor. The sheltered entryway is framed by massive round wood columns visually anchored on splayed masonry bases.
- A half-bath is situated in the corner of the entry foyer. To the left is a substantial living room that is warmed by an archetypal hearth fireplace and brightened by the front-facing window-bay.
- A dining room and kitchen area comprise the expansive space extending across the rear of the house. Sliding doors in the dining room open to a rear patio while the wide counter in the kitchen doubles as a serving sideboard or breakfast bar.
- Upstairs, twin bedrooms share a full bath that is projected outward to accommodate both the full-sized bath-tub and the laundry cubbyhole. Both bedrooms have immense closets.
- The stick framed roof has a 14:12 pitch.