Modern House Plan with Art Loft Accessible by a Ladder
About This Plan
- The simplicity of the square footprint of this mountain home keeps budget in mind, but when paired with a sloped roof, a sleek, modern design is the result.
- The double garage resides on the main level, and includes additional storage space. A door on the front takes you to a 3-season porch. Step inside off the covered porch and discover a bedroom and full bath on the main level. Stairs go to the second floor where the ceiling rises from 9'5" to 17'.
- Oversized windows surround the second level, providing a light and airy interior with a vaulted ceiling. The kitchen and family room are open to one another, and extend outdoors onto a spacious balcony.
- Wrap-around, kitchen counters offer seating for five, and a nearby pantry closet increases storage space.
- A barn door grants access to the master bedroom, which includes two closets, and shares the full bath with the second bedroom on this level. A ship ladder in the family room leads to a 200 square foot artist's loft, or flexible creative space.
- Related Plans: Remove the 3-season porch with house plan 68633VR. Get alternate versions with house plans 68760VR (1,570 sq. ft.), 68775VR (1,700 sq. ft.), 68740VR (1,721 sq. ft.) and 68974VR (1,571 sq. ft.). Get a front-facing garage with house plan 68666VR. Get a larger version with a lower level apartment with plan 680103VR (2,356 sq. ft.)
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,559 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 367 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 992 sq. ft.
- Balcony / Veranda: 240 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 311 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 or 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 39' 0"
- Depth: 41' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 625 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 5"
- Primary Pitch: 3 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick