Contemporary 2-Bed House Plan with 3rd Floor Artists Loft Accessible by Ship's Ladder
About This Plan
- The simplicity of the square footprint of this contemporary coastal or mountain home keeps budget in mind. Paired with a sloped roof, a sleek, modern design is the result.
- The double garage resides on the ground level, and includes additional storage space, a bedroom and full bath as well.
- Oversized windows surround the second level, providing a light and airy interior with a vaulted ceiling. The kitchen and family room are open to one another, and extend outdoors onto a spacious balcony.
- Kitchen counters offer seating for six, and a nearby pantry closet increases storage space.
- A large bedroom with a roomy walk-in closet has direct laundry access.
- A ship ladder in the family room leads to a 300 square foot artist's loft, or flexible creative space.
- Related Plans: Get a side-entry garage with house plans 68633VR (1,359 sq. ft.), 68760VR (1,570 sq. ft.) and 68775VR (1,700 sq. ft.). Get a front-facing garage with house plan 68666VR (1,359 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,727 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 435 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,292 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 393 sq. ft.
- Loft: 300 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 44' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 857 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 3.5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick