Modern Mountain Home Plan with Ship-ladder-access Loft Space
About This Plan
- This contemporary mountain home plan pairs the simplicity of a square footprint with a modern presentation - sloped roof, cable-rail deck, mixed materials - delivering a beautiful home in a budget-friendly package.
- The 2-car garage is on the main level, and includes additional storage space. A bedroom and bath is also on the ground floor.
- Oversized windows surround the second level, providing a light and airy interior with a vaulted ceiling. The kitchen and family room with fireplace are open to one another, and extend outdoors onto a spacious balcony.
- A ship ladder in the family room leads to a 200 square foot artist's loft, a sleeping or flexible creative space.
- Wrap-around, kitchen counters offer seating for five, and a nearby pantry closet increases storage space.
- The master bedroom has laundry built into the suite and a large walk-in closet. The bath has two vanities and two linen closets, a nice touch.
- Related Plans: Get a fourth bedroom with house plan 680056VR (1,824 sq. ft.). Get a 3-season porch with house plan 68787VR. Get alternate versions with house plan 68633VR (1,359 sq. ft.), 68775VR (1,700 sq. ft.), 68740VR (1,727 sq. ft.), 68860VR (1,612 sq. ft.) and 68921VR (1,792 sq. ft.). Get a front-facing garage with house plan 68666VR (1,359 sq. ft.). Get a larger version with a lower level apartment with plan 680103VR (2,356 sq. ft.)
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,571 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 367 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,004 sq. ft.
- 3rd Floor: 200 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 340 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 or 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 38' 0"
- Depth: 41' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 637 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 3.5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick