Compact Home Built for Maximum Privacy in Close Lo
About This Plan
- This house plan is compact for a four bedroom home. Its footprint, measuring a mere 38 feet wide and 40 feet deep, allows it to fit on a small city lot.
- Another plus factor, if built in close proximity to other homes, is that the plan has no side windows. This feature maximizes privacy. At the same time, numerous windows on the front and rear provide an abundance of natural light throughout.
- Family living spaces and the master suite fill the lower level. Three more bedrooms and another bathroom are upstairs.
- The living room flows into the dining room and kitchen. A coat closet nestles under the stairs.
- Designed for efficiency, the C-shaped kitchen makes cooking and clean-up easy. The sink, stove and refrigerator are set in a tight triangle so nothing is more than a few steps away. At the same time, cupboard and counter spaces are quite ample, wrapping around three sides of the room.
- The kitchen is also entirely open to the dining room, where sliding glass doors provide patio access.
- The home plan's master suite has a step-in closet and direct access to a bathroom with combination tub and shower.
- Laundry appliances and a walk-in storage closet line the pass through space that connects the house to its two-car garage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,419 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 851 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 568 sq. ft.
- Deck: 96 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 38' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 416 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss