Country with Intriguing Front Facade
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Twin dormers and a wide front porch give a welcoming look to this single-level ranch-style home with a vaulted great room at its core.
- The front facade recedes in stair step fashion, with the garage closest to the street. The front porch is stepped back, the master bedroom is further back, and the master bathroom is yet another step removed. Posts and rails rim the porch, spanning the front and wrapping around to the right.
- Natural light washes into the vaulted entry from a number of sources. Sidelights flank the front door, which has a half-round window near the top. More light spills down through the overhead dormer.
- Daylight from the second dormer brightens the kitchen, which is totally open to the bright and spacious vaulted great room. Standing in the kitchen, you get the sense of being at the center of everything.
- Working at the range, you can gaze across the room and out through wide windows to keep track of activities inside or out, while the view from the kitchen sink encompasses the front porch and street. Other notable features include a large walk-in pantry, and a phone center with plenty of shelves above.
- In the great room, recessed, arch-topped display shelves rim the upper edges of the side walls, and a wood stove radiates winter warmth from a corner by the windows.
- Just outside the master suite, a window seat nestles into a semi-private nook. Inside, the suite's amenities include a vaulted ceiling, recessed arch-topped display shelf, roomy walk-in closet, vaulted bathroom, and additional storage.
- A utility room, fully equipped with a deep sink and folding counter, links the garage to the house.