French Chateau to Call Your Own
About This Plan
- Reminiscent of classic French Chateau architecture, everything about this luxury house plan exclaims opulence and understated elegance. The raised main entry brings you to a solid oversized main door with sidelights framed by niches. The marble floored vestibule offers grand vistas throughout this home. To the left is a the beamed ceiling library with fireplace and built in book cases.
- The grand staircase ascends to the second floor while a few steps lead to the formal reception and dining halls framed by 12' high columns and coffered ceilings.
- While the reception hall affords limitless views of the gardens beyond, the dining hall exudes warmth with lighted floating ceiling, and fireplace. Note the sunken powder room just off the grand foyer, replete with barreled ceiling and many niches.
- The master suite is entered through its own foyer, and enjoys lavish spaces and views, as does the grand bath.
- The informal area of this estate is truly impressive with the kitchen serving as the heart of the home. It accesses the formal dining hall through a dual use butler's pantry which has a motorized screen which when opened becomes a bar pass thru to the formal reception hall.
- A secondary staircase just off the pantry and laundry room leads to the second floor with lavishly appointed bedrooms, home theater and connecting tunnel which leads to an additional bedroom suite over the garage wing. Below this suite is an additional suite with private entry, perfect for visitors.
- A four car motor court provides security and privacy, and offers children a safe area for play.
- Related Plan: For an alternate version of this luxury design, see house plan 63145HD.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 6,462 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,588 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 2,874 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 812 sq. ft.
- Deck: 238 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 516 sq. ft.
- Entry: 155 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 5
- Half bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): Block
- Width: 137' 0"
- Depth: 91' 7"
- Max ridge height: 42' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1000 sq. ft.
- Count: 4 Cars
- Entry Location: Side, Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss