Open Family Area
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Tapered columns and multipaned window uppers impart a Craftsman flavor to this midsize home that is well-suited to the needs of a growing family. Wooden railings wrap around its wide covered porch adding to the sense of welcome.
- Natural light, muted by the front porch, spills into the entry though small window panes at the top of the door. A coat closet is to the left, along with a powder room, garage access, and a good-sized utility room.
- A wide opening on the right side of the entry takes you into a bright room that could be used as a den, dining room, or home office. Natural light washes into this room through a wide window bay with a view across the porch to the street.
- Three rooms, two of them vaulted, flow together at the rear. Only the kitchen has a flat ceiling, while the vaulted nook is entirely open to the great room. Windows fill more than half of the rear wall. A gas fireplace nestles into a rear corner near the great room's wide windows. Sliding glass doors in the nook offer easy access to a covered patio that could be screened, if desired.
- Family living will center on these three linked spaces. One of the most popular places to hang out might well be along the raised eating bar that rims the kitchen. Seated there, family and friends can chat, snack, do homework or grab a quick meals. This kitchen has counter space on four sides, and cabinetry on three.
- The spacious owners' suite boasts two walk-in closets, plus a well-appointed bathroom. Two more bedrooms, a bathroom, and a deep bonus room are upstairs.