Petite Adirondack Style Retreat
About This Plan
- The centerpiece of this petite Adirondack-style design is a striking two-story porch extending the width of the home. Massive support columns bound together by rough-hewn railings further enhance the rustic flavor of the home.
- The interior is simplicity itself. An all-glass entry door opens to a spacious living room that is designed for double-duty as the dining room. The stairway and the adjacent half-bath separate this space from a compact, yet efficient kitchen.
- There is ample counter space and room for appliances in the kitchen.
- The stairway divides the second floor into two good-sized bedroom areas; each with plenty of closet space. The front-facing bedroom is especially bright. An all-glass door, trimmed with double-hung windows and capped with tall glass, helps illuminate the space while providing egress to the upstairs porch. One full bathroom serves both bedrooms.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 896 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 448 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 448 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 160 sq. ft.
- Balcony / Veranda: 160 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 16' 0"
- Depth: 38' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 8"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick
- 2nd Floor Master Suite