Contemporary Log Home
About This Plan
- This home plan is a contemporary log home with a wide, V-shaped deck that reflects the A-frame shape of its handsome front fa'ade.
- Covered porches extend out from the A-frame, on the left and right. The left porch and steps lead to the main entry, which opens into a two-story-high vaulted great room, richly glassed across the front. Wide sliders on the opposite wall provide additional deck access next to a brick or stone fireplace.
- More natural light washes down into the great room through six skylights. Several of these are directly over the vaulted balcony/loft that overlooks the great room from the second floor landing.
- Two vaulted bedrooms, a bathroom and a linen closet are also on this level. Each bedroom has two skylights, a private balcony and good-sized closet.
- This home plan's master bedroom is on the ground floor. Nonetheless, it's a quiet space because a closet and stairway serve as sound buffers between this bedroom and the great room. The nearby bathroom has a combination tub and shower.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,744 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,090 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 654 sq. ft.
- Deck: 290 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,018 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6 or Log
- Width: 43' 6"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 768 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss