About This Plan
- A wrap-around porch and steep roofline punctuated by small dormers enhance the exterior of this farmhouse-style ranch home. Palladian head windows and doors on the exterior face the porches of the home.
- Inside, ceilings in every room but the kitchen and bathrooms receive special treatment.
- In the great room, which has an 11-foot stepped ceiling, the fireplace is flanked by two sets of transomed doors that lead to the large rear covered porch.
- The eat-in kitchen, in an exciting angled shape, abounds in cabinets and work space. A bayed breakfast area extends out onto the front porch.
- The master suite includes a tray ceiling, a bay-windowed sitting area, two walk-in closets and a bath. The compartmented master bath includes twin sinks, separate shower and whirlpool tub set into a semi-circular glass-block bay.
- Two secondary bedrooms share another full bath.
- A high roofline provides for the inclusion of a huge bonus expansion area to be finished at a later date.
- Related Plan: Get more room with house plan 3884JA (2,028 square feet).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,793 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,793 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 260 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 318 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 779 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x4 or 2x6
- Width: 69' 10"
- Depth: 51' 8"
- Max ridge height: 24' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 471 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick