Octagonal Home Plan With Clerestory Crown
2 - 3
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This 2 (or 3) bedroom home plan - with 3.5 baths - is unique in many respects. Designed for a frequently hot climate, exterior walls are doubly thick 2x4 walls to allow for added insulation. Plus, 3' overhangs let in abundant light while minimizing the heat impact of direct sun.
- Two things stand out from the street: an octagonal crown of clerestory windows rising above the concrete tile roof and the 45-degree angle orientation to the street.
- Inside the multi-angled entry, openings on the right lead into an unusually-shaped living room. A convenient powder room is on the entry's left side. Straight ahead, the entry spills into a bright and spacious family room, which is open to both the kitchen and the dining room.
- The dining room's octagonal shape is a reflection of the octagonally framed clerestory windows centered high above it. The three sides of the dining room nearest the bedrooms and office are privacy walls, while the other five sections are totally open for ease of accessibility.
- A raised eating bar and standard-level counter offer partial separation between the kitchen and family room. Kitchen amenities also include a deep walk-in pantry, central work island, and spacious nook.
- The owners' suite and an office sit at the rear of the Flora Vista, over a partial basement. Bathroom features here include a large shower and walk-in closet, double vanity, and private toilet.
- The roomy garage, plus a utility room and guest bedroom, are linked to the nook.
- The roof has a 4:12 pitch.