Mediterranean With Transverse Hallway
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This 4 bed, 2.5 bath house plan has a tile roof and stuccoed exterior that makes this feel right at home in Florida, or the American Southwest, our wherever Mediterranean house plans are built.
- Dozens of wide windows add sparkle to all sides of the exterior, while bathing the interior in natural light. The lofty arched portico extends a dramatic welcome, then leads on to double doors that open into an equally lofty two-story entry, which can be overlooked from the second floor loft.
- A transverse hallway cuts across the space in front of the entry. At its right end, the hallway accesses the stairs, dining room and kitchen. A large study and an exceptionally spacious owners' suite are to the left. The family room is nearly straight ahead from the entry, and you can reach the kitchen via this route as well.
- An eating bar with high cabinets above it bounds the kitchen and family room. The built-in cook top is seated in a centrally placed work island facing a window-bright nook with French doors at the rear that open into what could be an exercise room, atrium, sewing room, or whatever suits. French doors in both the family room and exercise room enhance air circulation and offer easy access to a wide court.
- More French doors access the court from the sitting area of the owners' suite. Closets with folding doors fill one whole wall of the suite in addition to the large walk-in closet off of the bathroom.
- Upstairs, three more bedrooms and a two-section bathroom cluster around the loft. The front bedroom boasts arch-topped French doors that open onto an ornamental iron balcony.