New American House Plan with Separate Garage Apartment
About This Plan
- Exciting features like sliding barn doors, built-ins and beamed ceilings make this New American house plan special. The 2-car garage apartment is attached by a second-story breezeway and by spiral stairs located outside. This makes a great in-law apartment or nanny suite.
- Three beams top the formal dining room that is open to the foyer.
- On the other side, the quiet study has built-ins and a bank of triple windows to let in light.
- The kitchen and great room are magnificent with a big island that seats four and views of the nook, vaulted and beamed great room and the vaulted porch that has its own outdoor fireplace.
- There's even a sunroom where you can curl up with a book.
- Split bedrooms separate the master suite from the two family bedrooms.
- Note the door from the master walk-in closet right into the laundry room - a wonderful convenience.
- The optional second floor can be finished when you are ready.
- Related Plan: Replace the garage apartment with an attached 3-car garage with house plan 46332LA.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 4,721 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,886 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,835 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 238 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 126 sq. ft.
- Apartment: 869 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Daylight, Slab, Crawl, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 96' 2"
- Depth: 90' 5"
- Max ridge height: 32' 10"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 886 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick